The man from Ivory Coast has been up to shenanigans and to assist with these he needed a driving license. Rather than do something normal like say... get a legitimate drivers license, he got a fake one that said he was from Belgium. The BBC has a list of his charges here:
I'm not sure what the brain process behind this was, but does this guy not know that probably 90% of people in a small city like Newcastle will know exactly who he is?
- Fraud by false representation in that in December he had a genuine Belgian driving licence, to get a UK licence.
- Possessing an ID document "that was false and that you knew or believed was false, namely a Belgian driving licence with the intention of using the document to establish personal information about you".
- Making a false statement to obtain insurance in September 2011.
- Driving a Chevrolet without a licence in February.
- Driving the Chevrolet without third party insurance on the same date.
Police: "pull over please sir, oh look it's Chieck Tiote!"
Tiote: "Uhhhh no its not"
Police: "Oh. But it is you."
Tiote: "How do you know?"
Police: " it says so on your drivers license you just handed me"
Police: "say I didn't know you were from belgium
Tiote: "ok i have to go now"